Thursday, August 8, 2013

Logitech V550 Nano Cordless Laser Mouse Repair

After fixing my Logitech Anywhere Mouse MX, I'm on a mouse button repair kick. I have a Logitech V5050 Nano Cordless Laser Mouse and the button on that mouse is going as well. The unfortunate news is that there wasn't any parts information on the Internet, so I had to go hunt one down myself.


I ultimately ended up getting the Omron D2F-T switch here at mouser.com. I had to measure the dimensions of the switch and go through the list of available switches at mouser.com to figure out which one to get.

I've got everything put back together and it works great! The switch is a lot sturdier so it makes a much more solid "click" when I press the mouse button.








 
2017-07-30 Update
 
Additional pictures of the mouse wheel assembly in case you've opened up your Logitech V550 Nano Cordless Laser Mouse and can't get it back together.
 







 

7 comments:

  1. my logitech v550's left click button is not work fine. i have got another a4tech mouse. disassembled it and buttons are same with v550. i will change it soon. when i changed it, write a short tutorial on this site.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wich part is responsible for reciving from Nano reciver...? I've got two this mouses but one without reciver-so first one is already with changed microswitches but I would like to chenge it just this part and make like new one because I bought it almost for nothing - so is worth it ;) if there is a chance to find i and fix it could U let me know ? on FB I am Ulisses Yumi Telemach, thx . ;)

      Delete
    2. Hello! Sorry for the late response. I was looking over the pictures of the mouse button repair and I couldn't figure out which component was the nano receiver. Sorry! I don't have a background in electronics :( I'm a software guy :) This is more of a hobby for me so I'm learning as I go. The only thing that I can say is that Logitech has a tool for pairing a receiver to the Logitech V550 receiver. However, the V550 doesn't use the Unifying receiver, so it has to be a V550 specific receiver.
      http://support.logitech.com/en_us/product/v550-nano-cordless-laser-mouse-for-notebooks#download

      Sorry I can't help more. Good Luck!

      Delete
  2. I've taken 2 screws off, how doIproceed ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are 2 screws in the battery compartment and there are 2 screws underneath the mouse pads (feet) on the bottom of the mouse. Once you get those screws out, you should be able to pull the molding apart.

      Delete
    2. thanks, i later found out.
      now the replacemts hace arrived and will try the assembly, still there's a small black part with 3 holes that came out with the wheel, I can't figure out where to put.

      Delete
    3. Uploaded some additional pictures of the mouse wheel assembly. Hopefully they help.

      Good luck.

      Delete